Fair value measurement - unifying the concept of 'fair value'
This publication explains the most important principles and complex requirements of IFRS 13, accompanied with practical examples and observations based on the experience of the PwC’s global network of firms.
Given the continued convergence of China Accounting Standards and IFRS and extensive use of fair value for financial instruments, we have also shared in this publication our experience in the area of valuation for financial products that are commonly seen in China.
Major topics covered in this publication include:
- Considerations specific to non-financial assets: highest and best use;
- Considerations specific to liabilities and equity;
- Considerations specific to financial instruments;
- Valuation techniques;
- Fair value hierarchy;
- Inactive markets and non-orderly transactions;
- Effective date;
- Potential business impacts; and
- Practical examples for the valuation of financial instruments.
The above soft copy is a bilingual version. If you would like to download the English version only, please click here
(pdf file, 245KB).