PwC's business recovery specialists have a proven track record for helping companies and their lenders stabilise and turnaround successfully difficult situations. Our initial approach is to facilitate cooperation and consensus amongst the stakeholders whilst identifying the key issues impacting performance. Thereafter, we propose, modify through negotiation and help implement timely and value preserving solutions that serve the needs of all parties. The result: corporate renewal and value enhancement.
Services for Lenders to Troubled Companies
Our experienced workout team offers banks, bondholders and other financial stakeholders a wide range of services to meet their due diligence, collateral monitoring and debt restructuring needs. By providing lenders with a greater understanding of the borrower's business, we seek to identify and recommend practical courses of action to maximise lenders' returns.
We provide value-added advice and support to lenders and other financial stakeholders of troubled companies by:
- Facilitating a greater understanding of the debtor's business by assessing its current and prospective financial position and viability;
- Developing appropriate turnaround plans and debt reduction programs that will lead to the greatest prospects for recovery and a turnaround of the debtor's business;
- Providing advice on asset and business-segment disposals and on refinancing and fund raising options;
- Achieving buy-in from management for such recommendations; and
- Assisting in the implementation of proposed and agreed debt restructuring and turnaround plans.
Services for Companies Experiencing Financial Difficulty
From family owned businesses to multinational corporations, we have considerable experience assisting companies in financial difficulty deal with the demands placed on them by their lenders and in coordinating and negotiating on their behalf with creditor groups, with the ultimate objective of reaching an amicable solution with all concerned parties.
We assist companies in resolving financial, strategic and operational issues and help them to improve and turnaround operations that are performing at below optimum levels. We provide complete financial advisory services in relation to the restructuring and turnaround process including:
- Leading the debt restructuring and turnaround process and coordinating the work of all other professionals involved;
- Advising on the appropriate form and structure of the company's restructuring plan with the aim of negotiating continued support from lenders;
- Acting as the interface between the company and its lenders to enable the company's senior management more time to focus on running the business;
- Finding potential new investors and potential buyers of group assets/businesses, and, if desired, negotiating with them on the company's or shareholder's behalf;
- Advising the Directors on any regulatory requirements of the Securities and Futures Commission and the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited; and
- Advising on any announcements to be made in relation to the company's current and future financial position, including liaising with the Stock Exchange and Securities and Futures Commission on the company's behalf.